Rental Dwelling Insurance

Designed for owners of buildings who rent them to others. Provides coverage for buildings and/or contents.


  • Building must be rented out to another person
  • Building must be insured to value
  • Building must be updated within the last 20 years
  • Landlord must reside within a 100 km radius

Required by law
Not required by law, however, if you have a mortgage on the dwelling your mortgagee will require you to have insurance on it.

Things that are covered

  • Building damage
  • Contents owned by landlord kept in building for the use of tenants
  • Liability coverage
  • Rental Income

Premiums based on

  • Location of Building
  • Building Construction
  • Distance of Building to Fire hydrant or Fire Hall
  • Liability Limits
  • Value of Building and/or Contents
  • Claims History

If you would prefer to speak with a representative, Josslin would be happy to provide you an estimate on your insurance.  Please contact Rob Rotteveel if you have any questions or would like an estimate for your rental dwelling insurance.

Related Coverage
Tenants Insurance